Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Jap Ba Lang updates....

There has been a long long time I didn't update my blog. I really didn't notice the last post was more than a month ago. As I said, if I don't updates, means I am busy and after that there will be lot's of updates soon.....Finally I gain back the mood to blog and the time to blog and the internet connection to blog. Well, too many things till I don't know where to start. I just go on randomly la. (@ taught me to be random)

The first thing come across my mind now is MYC. My biggest proud of the month. MYC was a success! Although we had lot's of shits before hand, all OCs did their good job. Examples of shits, just in case I forget it, are last minute delegates list printed out, messy registration, messy payment, etc. We were busy like hell, but we still worked hand-in hand together to make MYC runs smooth. Phew! Glad that it ends well, really, no words can describe our feeling right now, especially my event head. He hug me so tight on the last day on MYC. I tried my very best not to cry on that day but still, the tears just run down out of my control. Emo moment is in the agenda for every aiesec conference. The facis just wana make you cry. After the closing of MYC, we see delegates left, follow by facis. We, OCs have to stay back and clean up the shits again. We are the one who start to work for MYC and we also the last person to end the work. After everything finished, only a few OCs left, and we had a great dinner that night. Good Job OCs.

Rewind back, before MYC was Integration week for Miracle. The first few days run well. But again, unexpected events happened. We have problems with interns. One of the intern from India left. Those who still here also have conflict, interns with interns, interns with OC, OC with OC, OC with senior....endless problems. Luckily we had a session where all of us sit down and voice out our non-satisfaction. Some cried, but it worth if the problem can be solve and it make our team stronger and tougher. Too bad I was not in the session, but I can feel what was happening that time.

Another happening during Integration week. Miracle opening ceremony was screwed up. I am one of the OC who in charge of this event and sad to declare that it has be canceled due to unwanted reasons. The main reason of this is because of last minute preparation again. Due to such a last minute thing, we can't find a proper place and invite a VIP to run it. Since there was totally no point of doing it, we just canceled it, 2 days before it should be run. Oh, my heart still pain when I talk about this. Never mind, just take it as an experience, damage control experience, heart broken experience.

Yes, Miracle brings me lots of new experiences and laughters. But Miracle also almost broke my friendship. Excluding the part I do not have the time to hang out with non aiesecer friends, I nearly quarrel with my best friend, also OC of Miracle. Due difference point of view, I really disagree with her action and her mind set. However I still treasure our friendship and I didn't burst it out. I think this way, different person has different thinking. No matter how close we are, there are still differences between us. Just respect her decision. Ok, i'm cool down already. One of the OC also left us before MYC starts. The reason being is she felt de-motivated with all the bad experienced happened through out Miracle. She is one of the OC who worked very hard for Miracle also. But she has left and she didn't able to see the success of MYC and Miracle (hopefully) at the end of this month. These are the 2 saddest incidents that happened to me during my Miracle journey.

Some more about Miracle. I want to apologize to my OCP, and other OCs if I was not able to do what I was suppose to do. I cannot deny that I took up another commitment during Miracle. Sorry that I can't give my full commitment for Miracle during its period. I regret I can't make it for MYC for the whole week. But I have give my best to Miracle.

My the other commitment is Hewlett Packet. Yes, I'm back to hp again. The reason I apply for this job is because I was once de-motivated too in aiesec. So at that time, I just accept this offer. However, I had lot's of fun here too. Most of the ex-colleague came back. We had lots of jokes and craps when we work. Working in hp has never been bored, well, may be a few hours of bored because I have nothing to do. A little secret to share, I watch TVB drama in my office during working hour. hehe. Bad news about my job is, my boss cut off our commissions. We are de-motivated to upsell the customers. Hopefully we will gain it back before I leave next week.

The reason of leaving early because of aiesec again. I have to go for NATCON in USM. Yeah, I am officially the Vice President of Finance and Administration of LC UPM. Oh ya, before that, I must mention this. After Integration week, I went to an EB camp called NPC. This is the first EB conference I attended. I met many people form other LC (uni) and learn more about aiesec (forget half of it already). Last Sunday, some of the EB had meeting with LCP. It was suppose to be held in a proper meeting place but it end up at Mc D Serdang. 2 of the VP didn't come because they have to entertain a intern from Brazil. Her name is Fabiane.

Fabiane came to Malaysia last Thursday and stayed in my house for 3 days. This is the first time I let a stranger to sleep with me. I had great time with her, although not every time (coz i need to go to work on fri). It's good to 'layan' interns, I get souvenirs from them, hehe. I went to KLIA to fetch a delegate from Kenya and I got a bangle from him. I help to demo in a Singapore faci session in MYC and I got a aiesec Singapore pen. This time, I got a Brazil soup and a banana sweet from Fabiane. Although these things sounds simple, but they are from foreign country and they mean a lot to me. Talking about Fabiane, she is a really good intern. She tried every food we bought for her, she help me to wash the dishes after meal and she is just very nice. She even tried durian even thought she doesn't like it. hahaha.....gotcha fabiane.....

Talking about aiesec, let's talk a bit about my JD. As the name stated, I am suppose to take care of the LC's account and do some documentations. My LCP said my work load is the least among all EB and he is afraid that I may not learn much from it. So I will help up ICX to do matching. Actually I am interested to do selling as well, hope the respective VP will able me to learn from her. Besides, I will also help up VP TM as she need helping hands and we are so click together. So the conclusion is.....I am 'da jap'. Don't get me wrong, I am happy with my current situation. I am happy to learn from each and everyone of them in EB.

herm....what else did I left in this blog....oh, pics.....I don't think I can post it together with this post because my stupid internet connection is damn slow. I want to cancel it and subscribe to another service already. Another friend of mine is going to cancel with me also. We are so angry with this service. Yesterday night I waited it to connect till I fell asleep. Huh! What was I saying....Oh, pics, I'm going to post it tomorrow or other day in office where I can get better internet connection, hehe.

I think that's about it gua. Up coming next will be my result, hp farewell, NATCON, Tioman trip ............

p/s: Oh shit...result will be release in 2 hours time, i guess.....

No comments: