Dear AIESEC UPM,
I am writing this to all AIESEC UPM EBs, seniors, juniors and alumni, especially for EBs and juniors who have went for MC election.
I would like to share a lot after the announcement of election result but I couldn't. I know I will end up crying, which I don't want to do so for 2 reasons. One, I don't want to be recognized as some one who cry so easily, and two, it's Brandon's good news anyway.
First and for most, I would like to thank all the support I've gain from everyone. I am so touch reading the messages at facebook, or email, or sms, especially from juniors. I never expected that. I am even more touch when I receive phone calls from Imran and William and sms from James, after the announcement of the result.
Before the election, I told myself I have nothing to lose. So just give all out and do the best. After election, I found out that I was actually wrong. I have one thing to lose, which are the votes. Other than that, nothing more. However I don't really mind for losing these votes because what I have gain are much more than that. I gain supports, I gain respects, I gain prides, I gain experiences, I gain confident, I gain concerns, I gain feedbacks, I gain love, I gain hugssssss......
Of course, telling you that I am not disappointed is a lie. I have put a lot of effort just to prepare that day. And when your effort could not pay the equal amount of result, you will feel disappointed. I spent a lot of time. I gave up my Chirstmas and New Year celebration. I gave up my year end mega sales shopping too. :(
But as a not-so result oriented person, I concern more on the process. I have learn a lot through the process of applying MC, from filling up the manifesto, to preparing the power point for opening speech, to the point I stood on stage to present my speech. I have been reflecting what I envision for in my life and in AIESEC. I have talk to many people and gain difference perspective point of view. I have redo some personality tests to know more about myself. I have learn to be strategic. Ever since I have decided to take up this challenge, I have prepare for the worse case to happen, i.e, I may be the only one not passing the VOC. But at the end of the day, I know that the experiences that I have gain through the whole process is the valuable thing to me. Of course if I am being elected to MC I will have more priceless experience, but, may be I am not prepared for that yet, and the others know this well more than myself. May be that is why I am not being voted. But looking at at better perspective, it is better for them to not vote me in as their leader, as compare to they vote me in and after that only found out that I am not suitable form them.
Through out this process also, I found everyone is so helpful. Soon Kit and Kaiser has been motivating me and providing constructive opinions on how to make a impactful presentation. Wai Leong has been giving me intensive tutorial to prepare me for the Q&A session. Brandon helped me to check my power point and gave me feedback on that so that I can make corrections. Not forgetting the morale supports from Sharron, Adele, Pooi Yee, Elaine, Cheryl, Carol, Maha, Lai Peng, Yen Hsia, Wee Chek, Hakimi and Randall. You guys also cheer me up a lot during my frustration moment. Oh ya, not to mention also fellow FAs. Special thanks to Ren Chang, and William who have shared a lot a lot with me.
It's time for me to share a bit with juniors. I have been seeking the opportunity to challenge myself, to speak in front of a plenary, and to shout "hey AIESEC". No doubt, it took me lots of courage to take this step. But all it takes is just the initiative to take this step, and you will eventually move forward to make a difference in your live. Never try, never know. If I've never try to apply for MC, I never know that I have improve in my presentation skill (ceh...). I think at the end of the day, it all comes back to the trust of yourself. Believe in your dream. Believe in your talent. Believe in your capability.
It has been a long day. I am so tired. I think I have finish what I have to say. I shall have a good rest......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
Chloe, you're the coolest impression I have of a girl since 2009 started!!!
God bless you, I would say your journey to AM has only just begun. :)
what a way to start your 09.
:)
hey gal,
u're brave! You are just great for taking this very first step that most of us are afraid of. I'm just so proud of you gal...
yup. GOod luck in the year of 2009
clapclap~
u'l have more to come and more to give :)
hey chloe!you've been a great inspiration and role model for us juniors..you have lead us by example and your courage really motivated us who are going for the team application as well as EB application..a really big thank you and hugs from us ^_^
p/s: u really did well yday..gambatec! (not simply say wan ya..)
love,
juniors.
Chloe...
We are so proud of you! :)
p.s. We are not trying to console you. Like what Amanda said...u really did well. Keep it up girl!!
I am proud of you! ;-)
Hey Chloe,
Like you said, "may be I am not prepared for that yet" ;) But it definetely takes loads of courage to decide to run. You can still run for MC after your internship - I've seen many cases of this happening; there will be 2 candidates who have been on MT internship running for MCP of @HK 09/10.
Btw, you did well at the elections ;)
hey girl!seeing u on the stage the other day was the very first time i saw u being so brave and taking up such a huge courage..i bet if i record it don and pass it to our circles of frens,they will never believe that it was u either..u've change alot and gain alot..i'm so proud of u!
Chloe,we all really proud of you .Frankly,seeing your effort in MC selection,You certainly made an great impact on juniors,and me too~Thank you for that
hi chloe, althought i don't know you much, but i learn a lot from what you have shared here. Its really great to have you as a senior. Keep up the good work ya... =>
hey chloe, though i couldnt make it to the mc voc that day, but i'm sure u gave your best! and that is whats important! keep it up! good luck and all the best for the future! u've been an inspiration~
You won actually..
You won our respect!!
Didnt have the chance to tell you this de last time. Have to tell u that I like your opening speech alot. It hit my heart. It's a good speech. And to talk in front of the national plenary definitely take a lot of courage. I salute u gal!
see chloe.. you did it at last:)
proud of you!
Post a Comment