안녕하세요!!! 저는 장결인에요. 한국어를 궁부해요!!!
The following text is my BBE 2401 assignment. This is my korean class assignment where I am suppose to write my comment on the course. the black is the original text that I passed up. The blue ink is the one I add here. Enjoy....
7th January 2008 is the first time in my life I was introduced to Korean characters and pronunciation. I ponteng the first class, 7th Jan was the second class actually, hehe. My lecturer will know that I skipped the 1st class now. The first time when I looked at the notes, I did not understand even a word, except the English words. I still remember my first lesson was on General Expression. The first word I learnt in Korean is to say “Hello”.I think I already learnt this word since I start to watch Winter Sonata. The page was filled with 12 expressions and the words looked aliens to me. I was busy trying to translate the Korean pronunciation to English pronunciation and in the meantime I have to copy down the meaning of the sentence also. So basically, in the first lesson, my friend and I kept on looking at each others notes to see if we left something. was damn blur on the 1st lesson
Start from the first lesson, we know nothing, until now, the final week. I feel that I have learnt a lot. I did not expect to know how to pronounce every Korean word before I took this course. Even though I may not know their meaning, but at least I can pronounce them. Of course don't expect me to read out a sentence fluently. Fortunately I have some basic in Chinese and I think it helps me a lot in studying Korean. Many Koreans words follow the sounds of Mandarin and Cantonese pronunciation. This makes me to memorize less Korean words’ meaning as I can guess it’s meaning from the Chinese words. Pity those who don't know Chinese
Besides I also learn that Koreans are very particular with the honorific system. Need to be soooo particular anot oh!! There are three forms of different ways to express a sentence but actually they have the same meaning. I think this is the part that makes Korean Language unique and no easy to handle. It's damn confusing. I was also being introduced the grammar of Korean. As usual, for all languages, grammar part is the most difficult part for me. I hate grammars regardless of what language. Chinese not many grammar. This is because there is just no reason for every rule we follow. They are fixed by ancestors. Actually I also did not expect to learn so many grammars in level 1. Sentence structure, subject, object, location particles, past tense, future tense, ‘please’ form, all the different endings and etc. Plus the three type of honorific system, they are just too confusing. How come last sem's level 1 did not have so many things to study???
However, we are so lucky to have a patient lecturer. He has been very helpful this course. He always encourages us to ask question and try his best to solve our doubts. He is not really a lecturer because he is just like me, a student, a master student la. And he is really very nice. He can answer you in Chinese. He also allowed those student to sit in to his class. And he even let them to take the test!!!
By taking up this course, I did not only learn about Korean language but also some Korean cultures which I found it very interesting and worth to understand more about it. Hehe, actually by watching Korean drama I can also get this stuff. Last but not least, I hope that this course can open more opportunities for students because I know that there are many students out there who really wanted to learn but places are limited. There you go my BBE 2401 journey. Bye BBE 2401! Hopefully we can meet again in level 2! Nope, we are not going to meet again. May be in Korean drama, wakaka.....(this line is totally jz to please my lec so that I can get higher mark)
No comments:
Post a Comment